RE: [FH] Rainbow Bridge

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      Dear Sandy; how sad that you've lost your Bandit...I am so very sorry for you. But, he sure defeated the odds didn't he...he was a strong willed guy. Thank you for all the help you've given me, I appreciated your advice, and I really feel your pain. When we say soul mate, it's a very special relationship with a cat...very hard to understand how such a little animal can so capture our love (and give so much love in return). I'll mourn him with you, and light a candle for you and Bandit...all the best...and big hugs...Judi and Max

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: katsfurlife@...
      Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:28:38 +0000
      Subject: [FH] Rainbow Bridge

      I very seldom post to the list but I need to post this. My beloved Ragdoll, Bandit, went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning. At 22 months of age he was diagnosed with HCM and then two days after his diagnosis he threw a blood clot and was paralyzed. Euthanasia was discussed but I couldn't do it. Within 24 hours Bandit's clot was broken up but it took months to get him to start eating. Bandit was a strong willed cat and I had a strong determination to help him overcome his obstacles. Yesterday morning Bandit woke me with his screams. I found him lying in the bathroom unable to move so I think he had a heart attack or stroke. He left for Rainbow Bridge around 5 in the morning. Bandit passed away quickly without a fight and was just shy of his 9th birthday, which would have taken ploace on the 4th of July. He was a remarkable boy and my soulmate. He truly was a miracle cat. Bandit is sorely missed and life will not be the same without him. He held such a special place in my heart. We had a very strong bond and much love between us. Heaven is now a brighter place with my big blue eyed boy by God's side. Rest in peace, Bandit.

      Sandy Breeden

    • cococy45
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
        Sandy, my most sincere condolences to you and yours. What you describe sounds much like our Tootsie on New Year's Day. When I spoke with her cardiologist a couple weeks later, he thought it sounded like she had thrown multiple clots which did neurological damage and assured us we had done the right thing to ease her across. I think any time this decision is made with love and caring, it is always the right decision.
        take care, carol and mellie
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, katsfurlife@... wrote:

        > I very seldom post to the list but I need to post this.  My beloved Ragdoll, Bandit, went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning.  At 22 months of age he was diagnosed with HCM and then two days after his diagnosis he threw a blood clot and was paralyzed.  Euthanasia was discussed but I couldn't do it.  Within 24 hours Bandit's clot was broken up but it took months to get him to start eating.  Bandit was a strong willed cat and I had a strong determination to help him overcome his obstacles.  Yesterday morning Bandit woke me with his screams.  I found him lying in the bathroom unable to move so I think he had a heart attack or stroke.  He left for Rainbow Bridge around 5 in the morning.  Bandit passed away quickly without a fight and was just shy of his 9th birthday, which would have taken ploace on the 4th of July.  He was a remarkable boy and my soulmate.  He truly was a miracle cat.  Bandit is sorely missed and life will not be the same without him.  He held such a special place in my heart.  We had a very strong bond and much love between us.  Heaven is now a brighter place with my big blue eyed boy by God's side.  Rest in peace, Bandit.
        >

        > Sandy Breeden

      • janie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
          Sandy I am so sorry for your loss of Bandit. Happy Birthday Bandit
          soon. I too lost 5 to this heart problem. Sockster went like your
          baby. I dont have any heart kitties at the moment but I stay on as I
          like this group. I just lost Jaguar to cancer from fiv. He died right
          before his 5th birthday. It is very hard. May 3. It is the part to
          stress they can live look what he did. My boy lived to 12 so they can
          live with this.Thats the part to take from Bandit. My Jaguar was a
          fighter but cancer didnt give him much time to fight. So take care
          and I am sure Bandit it running now and playing. Janie
        • BubbaCat1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
            I've also lit a candle in memory of Bandit....

            Sending prayers for Sandy and strength for all who loved Bandit.

            _http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11125766_
            (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11125766)