Rainbow Bridge

  • katsfurlife@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      I very seldom post to the list but I need to post this.  My beloved Ragdoll, Bandit, went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning.  At 22 months of age he was diagnosed with HCM and then two days after his diagnosis he threw a blood clot and was paralyzed.  Euthanasia was discussed but I couldn't do it.  Within 24 hours Bandit's clot was broken up but it took months to get him to start eating.  Bandit was a strong willed cat and I had a strong determination to help him overcome his obstacles.  Yesterday morning Bandit woke me with his screams.  I found him lying in the bathroom unable to move so I think he had a heart attack or stroke.  He left for Rainbow Bridge around 5 in the morning.  Bandit passed away quickly without a fight and was just shy of his 9th birthday, which would have taken ploace on the 4th of July.  He was a remarkable boy and my soulmate.  He truly was a miracle cat.  Bandit is sorely missed and life will not be the same without him.  He held such a special place in my heart.  We had a very strong bond and much love between us.  Heaven is now a brighter place with my big blue eyed boy by God's side.  Rest in peace, Bandit.

      Sandy Breeden

    • Gene Angelino
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
        Very to sorry to hear about Him.  I hope it was as quick and as painless as it could have been.  Our comdolences.

      • cathy coleman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
          Sandy,
            I was so sorry to hear of your loss of Bandit. He sounds like a wonderful guy and I know you loved him so much. We love them as best we can and then we let them go and it's so hard. Like you, I like to think of them at the bridge waiting for us.
            Take care of yourself in this hard time,
           Cathy & Winston

          At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

[...]

        • Mmayer11
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
            Dear Sandy,

            I don't know if members will read your very sad and incredible email carefully.

            You and Bandit fought for life from the time you discovered his illness at 22 months until now at Bandit's age of 9 years ...tragically shy of a few days. What a valiant fight you both have waged! How much courage! I don't have words to express my admiration and my deep sadness at the same time. Sooner or later, no matter how hard one/two fight, we loose. But how many years you two had together. How more precious every moment must have been for you. I know what it's like to live with the sword of death at your throat. But it does make one wake up to how precious it is to have any time at all with a loved one. Life and death, such a challenge for all of us in this group.
            What do you do next, Sandy? How do you adjust to a life that will leave you without wondering, is today the day? Have I done everything I can do? I have lived this kind of life with more than one. You have my respect and my deep condolences. May you find a means to take this now canceled vigil to something deeply creature and restorative. If I can presume to give a suggestion, perhaps within a web of sorrow and loss, you can at some point down the line think how you can use your experience *thanks to your noble Bandit* and your loving determination to make the time you have to better your life and others.
            I will be lighting a candle for you and Bandit. May it burn brightly. RIP Bandit.

            Marianna

          • Judi Levens
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
              Dear Sandy; how sad that you've lost your Bandit...I am so very sorry for you. But, he sure defeated the odds didn't he...he was a strong willed guy. Thank you for all the help you've given me, I appreciated your advice, and I really feel your pain. When we say soul mate, it's a very special relationship with a cat...very hard to understand how such a little animal can so capture our love (and give so much love in return). I'll mourn him with you, and light a candle for you and Bandit...all the best...and big hugs...Judi and Max

              To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
              From: katsfurlife@...
              Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:28:38 +0000

[...]

            • cococy45
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
                Sandy, my most sincere condolences to you and yours. What you describe sounds much like our Tootsie on New Year's Day. When I spoke with her cardiologist a couple weeks later, he thought it sounded like she had thrown multiple clots which did neurological damage and assured us we had done the right thing to ease her across. I think any time this decision is made with love and caring, it is always the right decision.
                take care, carol and mellie
                --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, katsfurlife@... wrote:

                > I very seldom post to the list but I need to post this.  My beloved Ragdoll, Bandit, went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning.  At 22 months of age he was diagnosed with HCM and then two days after his diagnosis he threw a blood clot and was paralyzed.  Euthanasia was discussed but I couldn't do it.  Within 24 hours Bandit's clot was broken up but it took months to get him to start eating.  Bandit was a strong willed cat and I had a strong determination to help him overcome his obstacles.  Yesterday morning Bandit woke me with his screams.  I found him lying in the bathroom unable to move so I think he had a heart attack or stroke.  He left for Rainbow Bridge around 5 in the morning.  Bandit passed away quickly without a fight and was just shy of his 9th birthday, which would have taken ploace on the 4th of July.  He was a remarkable boy and my soulmate.  He truly was a miracle cat.  Bandit is sorely missed and life will not be the same without him.  He held such a special place in my heart.  We had a very strong bond and much love between us.  Heaven is now a brighter place with my big blue eyed boy by God's side.  Rest in peace, Bandit.
                >

                > Sandy Breeden

              • janie
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
                  Sandy I am so sorry for your loss of Bandit. Happy Birthday Bandit
                  soon. I too lost 5 to this heart problem. Sockster went like your
                  baby. I dont have any heart kitties at the moment but I stay on as I
                  like this group. I just lost Jaguar to cancer from fiv. He died right
                  before his 5th birthday. It is very hard. May 3. It is the part to
                  stress they can live look what he did. My boy lived to 12 so they can
                  live with this.Thats the part to take from Bandit. My Jaguar was a
                  fighter but cancer didnt give him much time to fight. So take care
                  and I am sure Bandit it running now and playing. Janie
                • BubbaCat1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
                    I've also lit a candle in memory of Bandit....

                    Sending prayers for Sandy and strength for all who loved Bandit.

                    _http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11125766_
                    (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11125766)