Re: Feline Heart Transplants?

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2010
      As far as I know, there aren't any veterinarians/hospitals that do feline heart transplants. UC Davis has a kidney transplant program. The donor cat must be adopted by the recipient family. But in heart transplants, the donors obvsiously aren't surviving donors. You might be able to find more information from the UC Davis or Cornell University websites.

      http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/
      http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/VSR/CompTranLab/clinictxinfo.htm
      http://www.vet.cornell.edu/
      http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/