RE: [FH] Maisy's switch to atenolol

  • Judi Levens
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19 7:12 AM
      great news! I think that diltiazem must taste really bad because so many kitties won't take it...hope all keeps improving...Judi and Max

      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
      From: katpruetz@...
      Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 02:11:50 +0000
      Subject: [FH] Maisy's switch to atenolol

      Just posting an update. I had posted weeks back about the trouble I was having giving Maisy her diltiazem and about her vomiting. I tried the liquid with no luck and finally called the vet. She changed it to atenolol. What a difference! She takes it no problem so far. She also seems better. She has only thrown up twice in about 2 weeks since the switch, which is excellent for her. Vet has her on one quarter tablet of atenlol and plavix daily. Have to take her in August and the vet said based on how she's doing that they might have to up it to atenolol twice a day.

      I've also been giving her some treats with glucosomine and other vitamins. She seems like she has so much more energy. Not sure if it's the glucosomine or the medication switch.

      Hopefully I didn't jinx her easy medication taking by posting this but just wanted to share!

      Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

      Kat, Maisy, and Mr. Handsome Pants