Re: food to entice

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2010
      hi Judi,

      I'm sorry Max isn't eating too well. I went through that so often with Snowball. It's really worrisome for us when they get that way.

      The food that I find easy to syringe is Wellness canned foods. I take half a can at a time and mix it with about a tablespoon of water in my little mini food processor/chopper and it makes it a very smooth slurry consistency. The Chicken/Herring, Turkey/Salmon, regular Chicken and regular Turkey are the ones I've used with success. They don't tend to have any chunks in them when I put them through the mini processor. If you don't have one of those, a blender will work too.

      I use the regular medicine syringes, either the 1cc or 3cc ones, to syringe food. The food syringes, the ones from the baby stuff department at the drug store I've found are just too big for a little kitty mouth.

      Half a 3oz can of Wellness (1 1/2oz) with the tablespoon of water will give you about 2 ounces to syringe, which translates into about 12 teaspoons or 60cc. There are 5cc in one teaspoon.

      Beechnut Stage 1 baby food meats work well too. You can mix a little bit of that in with the Wellness for extra nourishment.

      I hope all goes well with the echo. We'll be holding Max and you in our prayers.

      hugs,
      Carol & Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
      & the gang
      Snowball's videos
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o6bLwo5jPE
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKQH2mM-d0