Re: question re: baby aspirin

  • crfcatsa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2010
      I got a flavored chewable (cherry) because my cat is impossible to pill. I crush it and mix it in some wet food. He knows there is something not normal about it, but usually eats it anyway. The regular had too much of an unpleasant taste., and the safety enteric coated didn't matter if it was quartered.

      My vet said the flavor shouldn't hurt him.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Cathryn <cathryn.be@...> wrote:

      > does it matter if the baby aspirin is flavored? the vet suggested 1/4 of an
      > 81 mg. tablet.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > I also bought an unflavored 'safety coated' version.
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Cathryn.

    • Cathryn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
        Thank you Carol! The vet's office said either was fine (safety coated or
        other) but I went with the flavored. Seemed better from reading your and a
        few others' experiences.

        Thanks!

        On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM, crfcatsa <crfcatsa@...> wrote:

        > I got a flavored chewable (cherry) because my cat is impossible to pill. I
        > crush it and mix it in some wet food. He knows there is something not normal
        > about it, but usually eats it anyway. The regular had too much of an
        > unpleasant taste., and the safety enteric coated didn't matter if it was
        > quartered.
        >
        > My vet said the flavor shouldn't hurt him.
        >

        > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com <feline-heart%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Cathryn <cathryn.be@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > does it matter if the baby aspirin is flavored? the vet suggested 1/4 of
        > an
        > > 81 mg. tablet.
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > I also bought an unflavored 'safety coated' version.
        > >
        > > Thank you.
        > >
        > > Cathryn.

      • Cathryn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
          Thanks. That's really helpful. I ended up calling the vet's office but good
          to hear. That's funny your cat knowing there's something not 'normal' about
          it but eating it anyway.

          They later told me - since Madeline threw up shortly afterwards - to either
          mix it with food or to have her eat at the same time. The cardiologist
          suggested crushing it and putting it in food too.

          Cathryn.