Re: [feline-heart] Re: Pet Sitting

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2000
      Ronda wrote
      > I've talked to my Vet here about trying to build a network of people who
      have
      > experience with animals with similar medical needs. I know I'm not the
      only
      > one adicted to the fur balls in my life. And, there are times when pet
      owners
      > need a weekend OFF!!! Or an evening for that matter.
      >
      > Keep thinking positive thoughts. There are lots of us out here. We just
      need
      > to figure out how to work together!

      Ronda, are you aware that a Special Needs Pets group recently started in
      Seattle? Maybe this is one of the topics on their agenda? Perhaps you should
      look into it.

      Helen
    • RedRonda@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2000
        In a message dated 06/03/2000 2:49:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        helenb@... writes:

        << Ronda, are you aware that a Special Needs Pets group recently started in
        Seattle? >>

        Is this an on line group? Please give me an idea how to find them.

        Thanks

        Ronda
      • Beth
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2000
          Hi Ronda - there is information, and a link to an online flyer for
          the group, here:

          http://www.rainbowark.com/support/wecare.htm

          Beth

          --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, RedRonda@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 06/03/2000 2:49:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          > helenb@o... writes:
          >
          > << Ronda, are you aware that a Special Needs Pets group recently
          started in
          > Seattle? >>
          >
          > Is this an on line group? Please give me an idea how to find them.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Ronda
        • Laura Penny
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2000
            We've hired a vet tech to come in and do meds (and check hydration levels,
            pupils, chin acne, etc.) when we go to the beach. I offered her $20 a visit,
            which she thought was great. We're also in an expensive area where pet
            sitters charge $15 just to poop and scoop.

            She's doing this independent of the vet practice, so I don't have to sign
            anything. Besides, we'll just be 3 hours away.

            Laura