[FH] Re: Do cats faint?

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 13 , May 31, 2010
      hi Michelle and all,

      Michelle, I'm so sorry what you went through with Pooh. Losing your little furbaby so quickly after diagnosis is really awful. We went through something similar with our Bouncer. He was fine one day and we found out he had pancreatic cancer, and three weeks later he was gone. It's really very, very hard to deal with it when it happens so fast, like you don't have time to do anything.

      I don't want everyone to get all worried and upset about Michelle's experience. Seizures can be caused from a number of things, yes, one of those being a tumor, but there are other causes too. Seizures many times can be caused from liver or kidney toxicity too. My angels Fritzy and Sweetie both had liver disease (along with all their other things - heart, kidney/CRF, IBD), and liver and/or kidney toxicity can cause seizures. They both had seizures for the better part of the last two years of both their lives... and YES they're scarey and YES they can be very serious, but you can also do things to lessen them, and in come cases keep them from recurring completely. There are medications (Phenobarbitol is one typically given for seizures, but Phenobarb can also be toxic to the liver, so that one is a real viscous circle), and holistic treatments (acupuncture, herbs, homeopathics, supplements), and with the proper use of any of these things, seizures caused from other than brain tumors can be treated, hopefully successfully. Fritzy and Sweetie had a minimal number of seizures after we chose to go the holistic route with acupuncture, herbs and supplements. Their seizures were much less and less severe after a while on treatments.

      Everyone please remember to be very gentle with your replies when you're talking about things like tumors and other life-threatening things. Remember that we're all kind of at the ends of our ropes and how emotional this all is. We're all just sharing our own experiences, and it's not meant to "scare" anyone. We just want to get the word out of what we've all gone through in the hopes that it can help someone else here.

      hugs,
      Carol & Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
      & the gang
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o6bLwo5jPE
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKQH2mM-d0