constipation

  • Sandler, Zellene E.
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
      Widgie's been having bouts of this lately and I'm sure it makes her
      uncomfortable. I've been using psyllium which I think is what's in
      Metamucil. I mix 1/2 teaspoon in as much water as it will absorb...I am
      amazed at how much! she eats it in her food and seems to actually like it.
      If you don't give psyllium with enough water, it will make the constipation
      worse. I am not using it daily. I have added a little milk to her diet and
      also a teaspoon of plain, canned pumpkin for the extra fiber. It is helping
      a lot.

      what do you feed My Hat? Not wanting to be touched can be a symptom of
      vitamin E deficiency caused by steatitis...a disease caused by feeding only
      fish with no extra E supps. That's a real long shot, but you never know.

    • Sandler, Zellene E.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001
        Forgot...raw liver always works for this! Just a tad ( like a 1 inch cube
        cut into tiny pieces) and I only use organic or natural liver. It seems to
        perk her up. I would only give a small amount maybe twice a week because it
        is so high in vitamin A and I think phosphorus.

      • Sandler, Zellene E.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001
          I noticed that when I give Widgie the psyllium she seems to feel better. I
          believe this is what is in metamucil. Is it okay to give this every day?

        • Bab006@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
            My vet recommended fish oil capsule. Full of omega 3s and vitamin E. Sim
            will take it some times. He has been generally constipated all his life for
            some reason.

            Bridget Bailey (bab0066vpy)
            _eBay Store - 0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0: On Sale, Free Shipping,
            Puzzles_ (http://stores.ebay.com/0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0)