Re: cooler days

  • daisyfoxworth
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2010
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "etakolam" <katemalo@...> wrote:

      > An observation: my cat with CHF but on lasix does SO much better on the cool spring days as opposed to the warmer or humid days. Does that make sense?

      Another condition that can make them prefer cooler weather is untreated hyperthyroidism. When my cat was first diagnosed with HT she couldn't bear to lie in the sun. When she was younger and healthier she had a wide temperature tolerance and would lie for hours on the cold cement floor in the garage hoping something tasty would wander under the garage door, and so just as well sleeping in the sun. This past winter she hugged the wood stove, something she never used to do. I think her loss of weight and approaching anemia is making her chillier. She also doesn't breathe as well in the warm humid months. So there is a lot of variation, and our older cats tend to be unhealthy in more than one way.

      Daisy and Ginger