Instead of Pepcid AC

  • JudithG
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2010
      Tagamet, Cimetidine. Available in the UK.

      5 mg/kilo twice a day. The oldest ulcer med. Used it in the mid-80s (myself) and for a cat who vomited a lot. Mentioned in www.provet.co.uk to reduce stomach acid.

      Zantac, Ranitidine. Available in the UK.

      3.5 mg/kilo twice a day. This was available at the time I used Tagamet for my cat but my vet said Tagamet worked so he was continuing to use it. I didn't get along with it.

      Dosages from vetinfo.com.

      As Famatodine is over the counter in the US, perhaps someone in the group could mail it? Sorry, I'm in Israel and it's prescription only.

      Judith