Re: OT: Memorial question

  • debbie.bendell
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2010
      I had a memorial portrait made for my cat Khan. I had bought some artwork from a local artist. When I knew Khan was failing, I asked her to stop by to meet him and to pick up a photo of him. She painted the portrait from the photo. She is an abstract artist, and I told her to paint whatever she felt inspired to paint. The muses told her to do a realistic, not abstract, portrait, and I love it.

      When she delivered the portrait, she told me that she has 3 cats who usually don't come into her studio. But when she was working on Khan's portrait they wanted to be in the studio with her.

      Another local artist does general drawings for dearly departed pets that she can personalize. My cat Blake died of FIV, and it took a terrible toll on his body. I bought a drawing of a cat flying through the sky with the words "now he is free to fly." The artist personalized the drawing by writing "in loving memory of Blake" under the wording. I burst into tears as she added the personalization. I love the drawing as much as the portrait, because it captured so well the concept that Blake was released from his broken body.

      Debbie