New Need Advice

  • pinksea34
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010
      I have a 20 year old female cat Casper, she was diagnosed with restricted cardiomyopthy about 6 weeks ago, she was put on 1/4 baby aspirin every three days and 1/4 lasix twice a day. The cardiologist was hesitant to put her on enapril but I insisted, she is on 1/4 once a day. She will not eat and I hear rattling noises when I listen to her breathe, so I upped the lasix last night and this morning to 1/2 lasix I have a call in to the cardiologist but they take a long time to get back to you. Does any one have any suggestions on anything else I can do for her? Would it be worth it to ask the cardiologist if she could start her on vetmedin?

      Thanks for any help you can give me
      Michele