Re: Nu Pet Feline Granular???

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2010
      Hi,

      Thank you so much Pat, and also thank you Cynthia who also emailed me.
      I couldn't imagine that this would be good for them, but it's made
      specifically for cats by a company that has a somewhat
      reputable-sounding name so I wanted to check here whether I was being
      overcautious ... I don't think I was now and I won't be giving it to
      them.

      *sigh* I love my country, but I sometimes think that my beautiful
      furbabies would live longer in the US or Canada, There aren't a lot
      of good vets for cats with heart disease in Australia. There's only
      one Veterinary Cardiologist in my entire state -- thankfully he's only
      40 mins drive away, but he's not up-to-date, for example, he'd never
      heard of Nattokinase until I mentioned it to him, and the possibility
      of an alternative to the toxic effects of aspirin didn't seem to
      particularly excite him.

      I seem to remember that in the US you also have access to a vitamin
      supplement designed for cats with heart disease called
      Cardio-Strength? This is still an illegal import in Australia, where
      our TGA (therapeutic goods administration, kinda like the FDA) hasn't
      gotten around to approving it yet, even though I've been trying to get
      my hands on it for 7 years now.

      I'm just grateful that Nattokinase has uses for humans, else that'd
      still be "pending approval" too!

      Anyway, enough griping! Thanks for replying so quickly, and I'll go
      with my gut and keep the free supplement away from Kitty, Claude and
      Tuppenny.

      Thanks!

      Catherine, &
      Topsy-Angel, Buttons-Angel, Patch-Angel, &
      Momma-Kitty, Claude, Tuppenny