Re: slippery elm bark - advice needed please

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2010
      I agree with this totally. When my angel Sweetie was first diagnosed with CRF we tried those renal diets, and she ate them at first, but it was short lived and hated all of them. I just fed her regular food and she did fine for almost 4 years.

      You can put a phosphorus binder in the food. We did that with angel Snowball. We used the aluminum hydroxide powder. It either that or calcium based ones (Epakitin), and if your cats have elevated or high end of normal calcium levels, those aren't recommended.

      I got my phosphorus binder and the ondansetron I talked about before from ThrivingPets.com.

      and the gang