for bethncats

  • C.R.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2010
      hi Beth,

      Besides the medications, are you giving her any other supplements? CoQ10 and DMG are supposed to be beneficial for the heart. There's info on those in the files on the homepage.

      My Angel Snowball, who we just lost on new year's day, did well for almost 3 years with us giving her supplements. We also did acupuncture and Chinese herbs that our holistic vet gave us. We did try some homeopathic remedies, but they didn't seem to help Snowball much. Of course, we didn't do it through a professional homeopath. We tried to find remedies through researching in books and the internet. Had we consulted with a veterinary homeopath, maybe she would have done better.

      There are some who believe that giving heart glandulars can help the heart, giving it necessary nutrition that it needs. We used to give Snowball Standard Process Feline Cardiac Support. You can't buy Standard Process at the store, but there are online places that carry it. Spinelife is one.
      http://www.spinelifestore.com/standard-process--veterinary-formula.html

      Another brand of glandulars that some holistic veterinarians use is Miller. We've used their heart and kidney glandulars for our guys. You can buy directly from them by calling Miller Pharmacal Group, Inc. at (800)323-2935. They used to sell through some vitamin online sources, but no longer do that. I've read in my Animal Wellness magazine that Dr. Martin Goldstein, a holistic vet, http://www.drmarty.com/ uses many of the Miller glandulars in his practice.

      I know how hard this is for you. I hope things get better for your little furry one.