Re: [feline-heart] Re: Pet Sitting

  • RedRonda@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
      In a message dated 06/02/2000 6:14:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      brunobaby@... writes:

      << Boarding Pongo at the vet's is out of the question -- he's terrified if we
      just drop him off for a day of tests. When we went to pick him up last
      time, he was huddled in the litter box with his paws over his eyes,
      quivering. Kind of counter-productive for a cat with a compromised heart.

      EXACTLY!!!

      Boarding at the vet with medical attention starts at $26 per day here in
      Seattle. And, as you say, for some animals it is a tramatic and unacceptable
      experience. It would have been for El Gato and I wouldn't subject him to
      that.

      I've talked to my Vet here about trying to build a network of people who have
      experience with animals with similar medical needs. I know I'm not the only
      one adicted to the fur balls in my life. And, there are times when pet owners
      need a weekend OFF!!! Or an evening for that matter.

      Keep thinking positive thoughts. There are lots of us out here. We just need
      to figure out how to work together!

      Hugs

      Ronda
    • Helen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2000
        Ronda wrote
        > I've talked to my Vet here about trying to build a network of people who
        have
        > experience with animals with similar medical needs. I know I'm not the
        only
        > one adicted to the fur balls in my life. And, there are times when pet
        owners
        > need a weekend OFF!!! Or an evening for that matter.
        >
        > Keep thinking positive thoughts. There are lots of us out here. We just
        need
        > to figure out how to work together!

        Ronda, are you aware that a Special Needs Pets group recently started in
        Seattle? Maybe this is one of the topics on their agenda? Perhaps you should
        look into it.

        Helen
      • RedRonda@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2000
          In a message dated 06/03/2000 2:49:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          helenb@... writes:

          << Ronda, are you aware that a Special Needs Pets group recently started in
          Seattle? >>

          Is this an on line group? Please give me an idea how to find them.

          Thanks

          Ronda
        • Beth
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2000
            Hi Ronda - there is information, and a link to an online flyer for
            the group, here:

            http://www.rainbowark.com/support/wecare.htm

            Beth

            --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, RedRonda@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 06/03/2000 2:49:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
            > helenb@o... writes:
            >
            > << Ronda, are you aware that a Special Needs Pets group recently
            started in
            > Seattle? >>
            >
            > Is this an on line group? Please give me an idea how to find them.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Ronda
          • Laura Penny
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2000
              We've hired a vet tech to come in and do meds (and check hydration levels,
              pupils, chin acne, etc.) when we go to the beach. I offered her $20 a visit,
              which she thought was great. We're also in an expensive area where pet
              sitters charge $15 just to poop and scoop.

              She's doing this independent of the vet practice, so I don't have to sign
              anything. Besides, we'll just be 3 hours away.

              Laura