Intro and question

  • dlsp2k
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2010
      Hi All,

      I was refered to this group by a person on the feline ibd group. I have a 13 yo cat ( Oliver ) who has ibd and recently developed chylothorax. He is being successfully treated for the ibd with diet ( hills id ) and prednisilone. Since he developed the chylothroax his vet would like to take him off the pred and replace it with lukeran. I was wondering if anyone in this group has any experience with lukeran and chylothorax? He had fluid drained off his chest a week ago and is back in today for another tap. He is also taking Rutin for the chylothroax. Any other suggestions or success treating this?
      Thanks for any information you can offer.

      Deb and Oliver
    • janie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2010
        Jaguar has Thorax no heart and he takes rutin only 2-3 times a day.
        It has controlled him now almost 6 mo. I had another cat who had it 5
        years on rutin. Jag has leukemia and is FIV so he is on pedisone.
        Cancer drugs. Doing well. We have had him 3 months since he was
        supposed to die and in good condition. Not familiar with the other
        drug Janie