Alexis Update

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 8:14 AM
      Hi

      Alex has had his heart scan after the episodes of wheezing and has a
      diagnosis of a small hole in the heart, slight valve damage and showing
      thickened walls as signs of HCM. He's 18 months old and I`m really hoping this
      won't progress.

      None of these are bad enough to account for the symptoms, so he had chest
      Xrays which were normal and a bronchoscopy which found a lot a white mucus
      in the airways so some tests were done. The first result came back and he
      has mycoplasma and is being treated with antibiotics. I am so glad my vet did
      not put him straight onto steroids and had his heart scanned first.
      Prednisolone would have made the HCM progress faster.

      So it's good news and bad news really. As you know I have several heart
      kitties, so now we are aware of Alex we can keep a close eye and monitor him.
      He's a big 7kg boy so there's now the opportunity to lose weight as well.

      :) Thanks for all the asthma links. Luckily for me and Alex we aren't
      dealing with it now, but it's good to know for the future.