Re: Issue of sudden heart related death on cat after surgery

  • vjunger
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2010
      this happen to my cat Missy, after having a tooth removed.

      The only steps that can be done to have some peace, is to have
      and EKG and Echo of the heart, before a pet goes under the knife.

      Sad but true. The last few surgeries my cats had, I had req, that
      they keep a EKG mech montior on my cat, until stable, one time I was there for thw whole surgery and after, and stayed w/my cat. Call me a nut, but I want to make sure. When Missy coded, no one there, they don't know how long he was out for, I was told they did CPR for and hour? Ended up Missy had CHF/RCM.. I had no clue. Nothing like when Baby was sick w/CHF and RCM I had a 2nd chance.

      Vickie