Re: [FH] Re: ZANTAC dosage

  • Mmayer11
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
      Vicky,
      Famotidine [pepcid a/c] can be compounded.

      Marianna

      Vicky wrote:

      I believe there is also an injectable form. Ask your vet.

    • Carol R.
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2010
        hi Vickie,

        The Pepcid A/C "is" the one to use. The one not to use is the Pepcid Plus, because it has other ingredients that aren't cat friendly. Pepcid A/C is just famotadine.

        There is one reason not to use it though, it can elevate the heart rate, so you just have to keep an eye on them when giving Pepcid A/C. We were always worried about it with Snowball, because her heart rate was always so high.

        Carol & Angel Snowball *5/10/91 to 1/1/10*
        & the gang

        Snowball's videos
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o6bLwo5jPE
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKQH2mM-d0