RE: [FH] Second cat with HCM

  • Betty Ann
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
      Pixel is also a CRF-HCM cat with hypertension to add insult to injury. :)
      She gets 1/2 of a 2.5 mg Amlodipine once a day for her blood pressure. Her
      Atenolol is 1/4 of a 25mg tablet twice a day. Her other meds include Tumil-K
      (1.5 caplets twice a day) and generic Zantac 1/8 of a 75 mg twice a day. She
      doesn't seem to experience any major sleepiness. Her sleep pattern is pretty
      much unchanged since before her diagnosis. Right now she's taking a
      nap...she had to take care of her sick "daddy" and being a nurse kitty to a
      human is tiring work. To the surprise of my vet, Pixel is actually the most
      active of my 3 cats and the only one with health issues (so far). Pixel
      just turned 13 and weighs 9.5 pounds. BTW, the cardiologist who prescribed
      the Atenolol felt twice daily at a smaller dose keeps the blood levels of
      the medication more stable and more effective.

      Betty Ann

      Pixel (CRF, HCOM, HBP), Piton, Pipsqueak

      Angels Tandy, Toni and Snagglefoot