Re: use of cholesterol lowering spread in pill administration?

  • JudithG
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2010
      Thanks for the links. I'm going to pass them over to my regular vet who never seems concerned about high cholesterol scores in cats.

      Last trip to the vet cardiologist, I was told to not come back as it appears that Ruby outgrew her heart murmur. I once again wished him, "may our future meetings be social only."

      Being a nervous mummy, I'm still here.

      Judith
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi Judith;

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2010
          Ruby belongs to the, heart murmur showed up only when she was agitated type of cat. Her first echo, it took a while to show. This one wasn't with the cardiologist.

          She was plenty agitated at the cardiologist and he used his agitate techinique, holding the cat up. Ruby scratched him and had her paws taped. Ruby never scratches (she bites). She's a small cat and it took work to hold her down as she went into her squirm like an eel mode. Getting squirted with the gel didn't help either.

          She's a very active cat, great one for zipping around, so I'm not worred about her keeping in shape. I think her diet is good and she doesn't seem to get fat. As she has gingivitis, she sees my regular vet far too often and he always checks her heart.

          I also brought my angels aunt, Rosalynde for an echo, as many of her relatives have HCM. Holding her up, no reaction. Squirt with gel, no reaction. One relaxed kitty. Heart is fine. Vets adore Rosalynde as she's a great patient.

          Judith