Re: lasix as injection?

  • JudithG
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2010
      Except for severe fluid retention, Lasix is given under the skin.

      My vet taught me to pull up the skin at the back of the neck and be very careful not to push the needle out the other side.

      Both cats were easy pillers but temporarily could not take anything by mouth; one vomiting and the other with an irritated palate. Must admit, two very laid back cats.

      My cat with a sometime heart murmur is impossible to pill and I wouldn't want to attempt an injection by myself. Greenies work for her and I could probably put a pill in something she just can't resist. So there are options to injections.

      Judith