Ophelia - CRF but HCM complications

  • skyhawk_aopa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010
      Sigh.

      Hi everyone.

      My kitty is dealing with two issues (like many others here no doubt).

      She had her 6 month echocardiogram checkup. Slight thickening of the left atrium that was NOT present before. Mild, but the vet can see it. Also, the low dose of atenolol isn't quite enough - helping, but not quite enough. She still is pumping blood at 4.5 meters per second (if I got that right - it was 6 before, so slightly less but not enough). We are going to slightly bump the atenolol up.

      The vet is contemplating a low dose of aspirin twice a week to avoid blood clots, but said it isn't optimal for her kidneys and I guess it could upset her tummy?

      Any thoughts on this? I'm a little upset, things seemed to be going so well.

      Thank you

      Ophelia and Beth (and sister Cecily who luckily is just fine).