Re: [FH] is it okay for cat with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy to have live catnip?

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2010
      Hi Kim;

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <musicgirl1993@...>
      > My mom's cat has had Restrictive Cardiomyopathy (will be 1 year in March
      > since diagnosed). Would live catnip hurt her? My mom bought some and she
      > loved eating it... but I was afraid it could elevate her
      > heartrate...thanks

      Pepper has a major hole in his heart - shouldn't still be around, and he
      loves his garden of catnip out on the deck. He is into it every day. We
      felt he is going to have such a short lifespan we should make sure he enjoys
      the time he has, and it has turned out that the catnip is no problem for him
      even though exertion gets to him all the time:
      http://pat-fearlessfosdick.blogspot.com/

      Pat and all the boys
      http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/
      http://eliminationdietforpets.blogspot.com/