Re: Big Footsie - a couple of questions

  • itsazooatmyhouse
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hi,

      I was reading some back posts and saw this. I plugged in 4 Corners Pharmacy and came up with a couple of different websites. I was wondering which one you use. If I could get generic Plavix that would really help as the vet bills are mounting with 4 cats & 2 dogs all 7-12 years old!

      Kathy

      > My second question concerns plavix -- I was really disappointed that Footsie's vet chose to go with that instead of nattokinase.  I am still hoping we can eventually switch him to the natto.   Have any of you ever ordered the generic plavix, clopivas?   I don't believe it will be available in this country for another couple of years, if I am understanding what I've read, but it is available from 4 Corners Pharmacy, a Canadian pharmacy I have used often to order Footsie's inhalers.  The price difference is clopivas is $12 for 10 tablets; for 10 plavix tabs at my local pharmacy I just paid $66.  Footsie's vet is fine with my ordering it but sometimes folks with more experience with something are the best people to ask!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Big Footsie and Susan

    • Missy Zane
      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 4, 2015
        After two years, Sizzle is becoming very resistant to taking his pills, so I'm trying to combine as many as I can into two liquids. This experiment is beginning with Plavix/Diltiazem. He's getting chicken/marshmallow. Ugh... Wedgewood said the sweet marshmallow would disguise the bitter Plavix. I hope they're right!
        Missy

        On 9/4/2015 8:19 AM, Marsha martia@... [feline-heart] wrote:

        Hi Gina,

        That's almost exactly what I do with Brock's Plavix! The local pharmacy
        splits them into quarters and puts each piece inside a capsule. I open
        the capsule, letting the pill drop into the smaller half of the capsule,
        plug it with a Pill Pocket, and wrap the rest of the PP around it. I
        tried liquid Plavix from Wedgewood compounding pharmacy, beef and
        chicken flavor (yeah, right). That didn't go well.

        Marsha & Brock