low sodium food

  • nicholeandmilo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hi everyone,
      I want to say thanks to everyone who responded to my frantic post about Moto's new diagnosis of CHF. I will respond to them all individually later as I'm hope sick which means I finally have time to respond.

      I had never been told when he was diagnosed with HCM that he should eat a low sodium diet. I am now looking for suggestions on a low sodium dry diet, he won't eat wet food at all. And raw isn't something I'm interested in. He's currently, and has been eating for a month, Natural Balance Green Pea & Chicken dry the dry as fed content of sodium is approx. 0.28%.

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks!
      Nichole
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2010
        Hi Nichole;

        http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/dry.htm is the only list I know of that
        shows sodium content of dry foods. Cats normally require a minimum of
        16.0mg of sodium per K body weight per day:
        http://recommendeddailyallowances.blogspot.com/

        Pat and all the boys
        http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/
        http://eliminationdietforpets.blogspot.com/