Thank you!!

  • personalbest.training
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      I was having a problem linking this to my original thread...for some reason it kept getting sent to my personal e-mail - oops!

      Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement!

      So I have Riley set up with another vet appt this next Wed to discuss different medication options with the Vet. I have a list made with all your ideas, plus some research via the web, so hopefully this will help. We have tried Dilzem compounded in a liquid form, but he spits this up and rejects it as well. I am hoping that perhaps a different medication compounded will be easier for him. I have heard about Fortekor as well; does anyone have any experience with this? I know it is mostly used for CRF in cats, but in Europe it can be dispensed for cats with heart problems in a chewable tablet. Once again, not sure if Riley (or Bean, as we call him) will go for this as he does not eat any treats! How frustrating is that? My other cats are little piggys, but of course the one little guy we *need* to take treat won't. Such is life.
      I am hoping that this Vet will be open to what I have to say and trying a different route with the meds. Positive vibes needed!
      I am also going to look into natokinasse. Is this something you can just buy otc, or must it be prescribed from a Vet?

      You all are a God send - thank you so much for your help!!

      ~Sarah
    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
        HI Sarah

        All my heart cats have fortekor and two have been on it since kittens and
        they all see the pill as a tasty treat. Only fortekor and vetmedin seem to
        be beefy flavoured.

        Nattokinase is a food supplement which helps to break up existing clots and
        clear the arteries, so its used for cats at risk of blood clots. It a
        small gelatin shell pill and I used Doctors Best as it has no vitamin K in it.
        You definitely need the version without that.

        lyn