Re: [FH] Plavix

  • Helen Peterson
    Message 1 of 40 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi,
       Thank you for sharing the info!

      Toby is on 1/4 of a 75mg tablet of plavix daily.  So were you advised a smaller dose?  Just wondering since you said you can't get a smaller dose of plavix.

      I don't know much about Natto, but do you know which is better to prevent clots - natto or plavix?  Toby threw a clot to his leg New Year's day, so his chances of having another one are significant.  His cardiologist said that the plavix wouldn't stop a clot, but lessen the likelyhood and possibly prolong the time before next clot.

      Toby is also on 1/4 of a 81mg tablet of asprin every 72 hrs. And enalapril daily.  I am having a hard time trying to decide wheather or not to start him on atenolol. His cardiologist just gave him the plavix and aspirn as there isn't the research to support the possible benefits of the enalapril...or the atenolol.  But she is willing to prescribe them if I want him to have them.  So I went ahead with the enalapril and can't decide on the atenolol, since he only has HCM - not obstructive.

      Any info you could pass along would be appreciated!  I want to do everything I can for Toby and not miss giving him something that could help him because I didn't know about it.

      Thanks!
       ~Helen,  Zima, & Toby ~

      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 19, 2013
        Hi Anastasia;  just had another thought.  I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but if you were a Buddhist you would believe that the soul stays in the area of death for about 2 weeks and can occasionally be "seen" or felt.  While not a practicing Buddhist, I do believe in reincarnation, and I did and my husband did both feel (at the same time) that on occasion Max was with us in the room...it gets weaker by the day.  Just wanted to let you know that this possibility exists and to keep an eye open for it.
        all the best,
        Judi and Angel Max and Tuckerbug