Re: Trembling in cats with HCM

  • nala_zq
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      My cat did not experience trembling with her HCM. At one point she did
      develop muscle weakness due to long term use of furosemide which can
      lead to depletion of potassium (K+) which can cause weakness. A blood test
      will reveal potassium levels. Potassium supplementation is DANGEROUS
      however, without monitoring blood K+ levels as too much potassium
      can cause death. My vet was able to run a small panel in house that looked
      at only a handful of electrolyte values (sodium, potassium, calcium)
      rather than a full-scale screen.
      The small panel ran $25-35.

      Best,

      Nala