Re:Tootsie is gone

  • janie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
      I am so sorry. It seems we have lost a few here lately but we have
      kept some going too. I hope you showed Millie her sister. I found over
      the years that if I laid them there like in a box or sorta like a
      funeral visitation all my cats and dogs could see them. I also did
      this as I was not ready to let go. When my very first two died 9
      months apart. I did not bring home. I think their brother walked down
      the hall meowing for years looking in each room as he was calling
      them. So I did this on the rest. Prayers for you all. Janie
    • cococy45
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
        When I was trying to help Tootsie, Mellie was about 2 or 3 ft away watching and she stayed right there as we wrapped Toots in a warm blanket to take her to the emergency center. I did ask the vet if we could or should bring Tootsie's body back for Mellie to see and she said if Mellie was watching then she knew...and we do believe she knows. The two were not close at all but there were times these last few weeks when I'd see Mellie a bit closer to Toots than normal, and that evening Mellie was resting near Tootsie's bed and this morning about 6am Mellie was bellowing but my brotherinlaw had gotten up to go to the bathroom and I think she wondered why someone wasn't coming down (she doesn't do stairs on her own)...so I went down and brought her back up to bed with me and she settled right down. We are watching her carefully though and she has a cardiology checkup in a couple weeks, Tootsie was to have one also, sad to cancel it.

        carol