Re: [FH] Re: Snowball is an Angel now :*-(

  • Suzianne Painter-Thorne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
      Carol,

      I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how much you have tried and tried to
      help Snowball. I wish there were something I could say to take the pain away
      or to convince you that you've done nothing to blame yourself for, nothing
      that wasn't motivated to help your girl. Because you've done so much for
      her, you gave her a life she would not have had without all the care and
      nurturing you provided. Honestly, I've read all the posts about Snowball,
      all the things you have done, and you did an extraordinary job caring for
      her. She was lucky to have such a steadfast momma in her corner. Do not
      blame yourself for anything. You did nothing wrong.

      It's normal to want to find a reason, to affix some blame or find some cause
      to help it all make sense or give us something to fight against. But, I
      think your instincts were correct when you wrote that her little heart was
      just giving out. You could not have stopped that. No one could have stopped
      that. So, you did what you could do and tried with all your might to make
      her life better. You have nothing to feel guilty about there. Nothing.

      I know how hard it is to lose our kittens and I know Snowball has left a
      hole in your life. I always say that's the way it should be--great friends
      always leave a mark and should always be remembered. My hope is that you'll
      fill that hole with happy memories and tears of fond remembrance and not
      recrimination and guilt. That will come in time. Give yourself the time to
      grieve and to miss your girl.

      Hugs,

      Sue & Boo
    • janie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        I am so sorry Snowball is gone. I love that name. Please dont blame
        yourself. We all do that. It is what if ? it wont bring Snowball back
        and really no more pain and vets. She is running and playing and
        having fun. I am glad you kept her for a while. I do that too for my
        other animals and until I can let go. It is hard. Prayers to you Janie
        Boomer Jaguar Stormy Cinnamon and the dog Rockie