Re: [FH] Trembling in cats with HCM

  • Ken Oberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      My cat was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago with a mixed CM and I've noticed the same thing in that his front right leg will occasionally tremble when he's in a sitting position getting ready to walk on it.

      Ken Oberg
      Lebanon, Tennessee

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2010
        My cat did not experience trembling with her HCM. At one point she did
        develop muscle weakness due to long term use of furosemide which can
        lead to depletion of potassium (K+) which can cause weakness. A blood test
        will reveal potassium levels. Potassium supplementation is DANGEROUS
        however, without monitoring blood K+ levels as too much potassium
        can cause death. My vet was able to run a small panel in house that looked
        at only a handful of electrolyte values (sodium, potassium, calcium)
        rather than a full-scale screen.
        The small panel ran $25-35.

        Best,

        Nala