Re: [FH] licking cement wasRe: Pepcid A/C with meds?

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 30, 2009
      Hi Nala and All;

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "nala_zq" <nala_zq@...>
      > Sometimes this is a sign of anemia.
      > Cozette was not anemic, but did this
      > routinely after we started our routine
      > of meds.

      The blood work has shown Pepper actually has the opposite of anaemia, better
      known as erythrocytosis, or polycytothemia. His meds are being changed in
      that the fortekor is being withdrawn and replaced with amlopidine. We will
      give him a couple of weeks and see how he does, and continue if the meds
      work. We could, if we could afford it, spend a large amount of money to
      have his blood thinned, but the problem would just come back again and he is
      so stressed by any visit to the vet that a 24 hour period would possibly
      kill him.

      Pat and all the boys
      http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/
      http://eliminationdietforpets.blogspot.com/