Re: [FH] advice about subq fluids urgently needed

  • Leah Ferron
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2009
      Ruth,

      In converting your numbers to ones that I understand (I did not know you were in the UK - I divided your number by 88.4 to get US values), Rigsby's numbers still aren't that bad. You have to look at the BUN and Phos numbers too. If those aren't too out of wack, I wouldn't give fluids either right now, just because of the huge complications that could arise. If you get Rigsby eating and drinking (most important) his kidney numbers could get a little better too.

      I still think the heart should be your number 1 concern right now. Just FYI, kidney and heart problems often go hand in hand and no one can tell you which causes which. My Angel Alec had both and it was a juggling act. It is very hard. I hope that the acupuncture helps him, others in the group have written of success with it. Are you on the feline assisted feeding group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline-Assisted-Feeding/%c2%a0and the feline CRF group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline-CRF-Support/%c2%a0?

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec