Re: [feline-heart] Introducing Pongo

  • Laura Penny
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2000
      Hi Melinda,

      Welcome to the list!

      I know the feeling about wanting your cats to be around forever. Hopefully
      Pongo will do well on the Vasotec.

      Kassy's kidney values actually went down after she started Norvasc. I wonder
      if the reason is because the kidneys don't have to work as hard if the blood
      pressure improves. She's on diltiazem, Norvasc, and Tapazole for HCM,
      hypertension, and hyperthyroidism. She also has early CRF, but right now her
      kidney values are normal.

      We also thought the HCM diagnosis was a death sentence at first,
      particularly since we had lost another cat to HCM only 6 months before. But
      Kassy's measurements have improved slightly since diagnosis in January 98,
      as have Lucky's, who was diagnosed shortly after that.

      Lucky also has an "intermittent gallop" and elevated liver enzymes, but both
      problems come and go.

      Best of luck!

      Laura (age unmentionable), Lucky (16) and Kassy (16 in July)