Another Winston Update

  • smittyhj82
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
      Well....Winston is still having trouble breathing. No open mouth panting, just shallow rough breathing. We will talk to the cardiologist about getting him off the atenolol, as i think it is aggrevating the asthma. Has anyone experienced this? Also, those of you who use Aerokat, can you tell me your experience? Does you cat tolerate it well? How about in the beginning? He is just not right.....cant get him breathing below 40 resps per minute. He is now on:

      Atenolol 1/4 pill every 12 hours
      Lasix 1/2 tab (12.5mg) every day
      Asprin 1/4 tab every 72 hours.

      We just cant get him under control? But also, he doesnt act phased by this at all. Plays, eats, sleeps, potties drinks normal.

      Also, Co Q10? Can anyone tell me the dosage and where I can find it? Sounds like it may be a good option for Winnie.

      Thanks

      Melissa, Oliver and Winston
    • Judi Levens
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
        I use CQ10 from Trader Joe's...it's 100mg in softgel caps...I squeeze out approximately 1/2 and mix it with Nattozyme in the juice from Wiskas treats. If he won't eat it I syringe it. I really think it helps, he's much stronger since he started it...more stable on his feet and the muscles in his haunches have filled in again (they were really getting scrawney even though he's a big boy...15 lbs.) Judi and Max

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com