Re: Help !!!

  • banditbabe32
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
      Hello Joy,
      I am so sorry you are going through this. What medication is your cat on? He should really be in the oxygen cage with intravenous fruesmide if he has fluid on his lungs. Cats can come out of this and be controlled with regular meds. I have the luxury of being insured. My cat was diagnosed with severe HCM in September and so far the cost of going in and out of hospital and all the meds has come to around £1500. I would never have been able to afford it if I was not insured. Is there a way round the cost? Do you have a special vet clinic like we do in the UK (PDSA) that can do the treatment with minimal costs?
      Please keep us posted on how he is doing.
      All the best.

    • tootsiepop1421@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
        I'm sorry to inform you all that my beloved friend lost his battle this
        morning. He stopped eating and drinking late yesterday and I couldn't even
        tempt him with tuna. I found him lying on my chest this morning. This is 2
        in the last 5 months. The house is silent and empty. I really want to
        hear that " talking " the trill that they always did . My lap feels so
        empty. I really appreciate everyone's care and concern. Really helps to
        connect with people that really love their animals like I do and feel the pain
        of fighting a loosing battle Thank you all

      • Westgold
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
          oh, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. Our kitties are very fragile, and we never get to keep them as long as we want to. But he's now happy and healthy and waiting at the Bridge for you -- I know we will see our little ones again.

          sincerelt, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too

        • JG
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
            I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you now. Please
            accept my condolences.

            Joe (Beanie, Chelsea and April (RIP)

            On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:

            > oh, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. Our kitties are very
            > fragile, and we never get to keep them as long as we want to. But he's now
            > happy and healthy and waiting at the Bridge for you -- I know we will see
            > our little ones again.
            >
            > sincerelt, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too

          • Mmayer11
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
              So very very sorry...two lost in such a short time. I know this kind of terrible loss; I faced this myself this year. Please take care of yourself.

              Marianna

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
                Joy,

                I am so sorry to hear about your boy. I've lost two now, and I know
                how wonderful Maine Coon companions can be. What was his name? And,
                did you have him from a kitten?

                Marcia

                --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, tootsiepop1421@... wrote:

                > I'm sorry to inform you all that my beloved friend lost his battle
                this
                > morning. He stopped eating and drinking late yesterday and I couldn't
                even
                > tempt him with tuna. I found him lying on my chest this morning. This
                is 2
                > in the last 5 months. The house is silent and empty. I really want to
                > hear that " talking " the trill that they always did . My lap feels so
                > empty. I really appreciate everyone's care and concern. Really helps
                > connect with people that really love their animals like I do and feel
                the pain
                > of fighting a loosing battle Thank you all

              • janie
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2009
                  I am so sorry for your loss. Yes what is your Kitties name? I have not
                  got a heart kitty now sick. I have lost 5 to this and at one time I
                  lost 2 in 6 months. It is so hard. I did find this is the best group
                  of all the feline and dog groups the most caring people. Write your
                  heart out and it will help. I have still kept emails from when I lost
                  mine some people still here and some not. It helps. No empty arms will
                  be there for awhile until another comes and needs your love. You will
                  always miss that one but the new one makes you laugh and love again
                  some day. Take very good care of your self. Thinking of you Janie