Re: [FH] Help !!!

  • tootsiepop1421@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2009
      We were back at the Vet a few hours ago and he has been like this for
      quite a while. They did another X-Ray and the heart is even larger than the
      first of the week and there is a rather big spot on the part of his lung that
      leads directly into the airway. He is still taking his meds but the vet
      says there is no more that he can do for him. I will never (on a disabled
      widows pension) get this Vet paid off. I wish I had had enough sense to
      buy insurance before this started.

    • cathy coleman
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2009
        I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't know you, but I am quite sure you are doing the very best you can for your cat, and I'm sure he knows that. It sounds like bringing him in was the very best thing to do for him. It's so hard these things. I don't know how many ppl have insurance for their animals but I'm guessing not that many. It's not something many of us think of. A while back someone put out on this list a list of of places that might be able to provide help to people in trying to pay for animal health care. If you look in the archives, you'll find it there.
            It's the hardest thing in the world to know what is best to do in these situations. I'm thinking you good thoughts, and just know you aren't alone. Many of us have been there and many more will be there at some point. You're doing the best you can in an awful situation. Please take good care of yourself and hang in there,
          Cathy & Winston

        At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
          Hello Joy,
          I am so sorry you are going through this. What medication is your cat on? He should really be in the oxygen cage with intravenous fruesmide if he has fluid on his lungs. Cats can come out of this and be controlled with regular meds. I have the luxury of being insured. My cat was diagnosed with severe HCM in September and so far the cost of going in and out of hospital and all the meds has come to around £1500. I would never have been able to afford it if I was not insured. Is there a way round the cost? Do you have a special vet clinic like we do in the UK (PDSA) that can do the treatment with minimal costs?
          Please keep us posted on how he is doing.
          All the best.

        • tootsiepop1421@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
            I'm sorry to inform you all that my beloved friend lost his battle this
            morning. He stopped eating and drinking late yesterday and I couldn't even
            tempt him with tuna. I found him lying on my chest this morning. This is 2
            in the last 5 months. The house is silent and empty. I really want to
            hear that " talking " the trill that they always did . My lap feels so
            empty. I really appreciate everyone's care and concern. Really helps to
            connect with people that really love their animals like I do and feel the pain
            of fighting a loosing battle Thank you all

          • Westgold
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
              oh, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. Our kitties are very fragile, and we never get to keep them as long as we want to. But he's now happy and healthy and waiting at the Bridge for you -- I know we will see our little ones again.

              sincerelt, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too

            • JG
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
                I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you now. Please
                accept my condolences.

                Joe (Beanie, Chelsea and April (RIP)

                On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:

                > oh, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. Our kitties are very
                > fragile, and we never get to keep them as long as we want to. But he's now
                > happy and healthy and waiting at the Bridge for you -- I know we will see
                > our little ones again.
                >
                > sincerelt, Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too

              • Mmayer11
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
                  So very very sorry...two lost in such a short time. I know this kind of terrible loss; I faced this myself this year. Please take care of yourself.

                  Marianna

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 4, 2009
                    Joy,

                    I am so sorry to hear about your boy. I've lost two now, and I know
                    how wonderful Maine Coon companions can be. What was his name? And,
                    did you have him from a kitten?

                    Marcia

                    --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, tootsiepop1421@... wrote:

                    > I'm sorry to inform you all that my beloved friend lost his battle
                    this
                    > morning. He stopped eating and drinking late yesterday and I couldn't
                    even
                    > tempt him with tuna. I found him lying on my chest this morning. This
                    is 2
                    > in the last 5 months. The house is silent and empty. I really want to
                    > hear that " talking " the trill that they always did . My lap feels so
                    > empty. I really appreciate everyone's care and concern. Really helps
                    > connect with people that really love their animals like I do and feel
                    the pain
                    > of fighting a loosing battle Thank you all

                  • janie
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 5, 2009
                      I am so sorry for your loss. Yes what is your Kitties name? I have not
                      got a heart kitty now sick. I have lost 5 to this and at one time I
                      lost 2 in 6 months. It is so hard. I did find this is the best group
                      of all the feline and dog groups the most caring people. Write your
                      heart out and it will help. I have still kept emails from when I lost
                      mine some people still here and some not. It helps. No empty arms will
                      be there for awhile until another comes and needs your love. You will
                      always miss that one but the new one makes you laugh and love again
                      some day. Take very good care of your self. Thinking of you Janie