fairly new to group kitty enlarged heart

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2009
      hi i am fairly new to the group, this came about after my smokey with crf ,who had been given fluids 100ml a day, developed chf with pleural effusion. well he was put on lasix and enalapril and atenenol. i had taken him in for recheck today. fluid is gone from lungs but his heart, they say, is very enlarged. the doctor told me to gradually cut down on lasix to 1/4 tablet then gradually go to maybe once a week. i am waiting to hear back on bloodwork.
      my questions are these.......i just received nordic naturals omega 3 pet. is it okay to use with meds? coq10- i have country life triple absorbtion 30mg softgel? okay to use?
      the doctor was going to give me b12 injection to use at home-better oral or inject? should i be using bcomplex as well?
      i know if i had these conditions i would be taking all of them. but i just want to be safe.
      now the other thing is, i am really worried about his enlargemnet, what does it really mean and can it be managed?
      all of these conditions started about 7 weeks ago, actually it is when i learned he had them.
      he had an echo 7wks ago in the hospital and the internist said he had mild hcm. now he has full blown heart failure. his new vet(2nd visit today) couldn't figure out how it had progressed so quickly or if the echo was misread. she had spoken to a cardiologist today and discussed and the cardio doc would like to do another echo. sadly they are about 400-500 $'s and my husband just lost him job today. so i really need some good advice on how to help my little guy. (i need some good energy thrown my way too!)

      thanks,

      amy&smokey