Re: [FH] Follow up Cardio Echo - Worth doing?

  • cathy coleman
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 2009
      Wow... quite a range of prices for this -- $90  to about $400 (which is what the doctor I'm working w/ just told me). I wish money were not such an object, but right now it's a real consideration.  I'll be having another conversation w/ his doctor over the holiday weekend about this, but Winston is essentially asymptomatic right now except for slightly increased water drinking. I know that's a big except. What his doctor has told me is that we seem to have found the right combo of meds but it's a fine line in terms of kidney function. Hence why he wants a 2nd opinion from the cardiologist. I'm still leaning towards a wait and watch approach in terms of his behavior in which we would go forward with this if his symptoms seem to get worse. It feels a bit risky but... spending myself into the poor house (to use my father's expression) also is risky, esp in this economy.
           You asked about Plavix - I am doing the online Canadian pharmacy.  I am paying $48 ($58 with shipping) for 30 pills which is a little less than $2/pill which is definitely better than $6.30/pill which is apparently what Target is charging. Canadapharmacy.com is the name of the place I go through.
        Cathy & Winston

      At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~Jean Houston