Re: [FH] Cat Food! I need your suggestions!

  • Cait
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2009
      Not only do I have a kitty (neutered Himi) with a heart condition but I show/breed Persians and Himalayans. I have gone through numerous cat and kittens foods over the years (too many to even keep track of honestly) and I have found only two dry cat foods now that ALL of my cats will eat with no problem and that none of the cats will get side effects from (diarrhea, vomiting, loss of weight, etc).

      Purina Cat Chow (outdoor formula)

      And, the food that I now use and that the kitties will even choose over their raw wild venison and friskies wet...

      Taste of the Wild.

      Cost wise, the Purina Cat Chow is obviously less expensive. About $20 for a 17..6lb bag of the cat chow. Taste of the Wild is $36.99 for a 15lb bag. HOWEVER, I buy 10 bags and get one free. So, really I only end up paying $33.29 a bag. You have to add taxes to both foods. The quality of Taste of the Wild is unbeatable. The vet never fails to mention just how great of shape my boy with the heart condition is. He weighs about 11lbs, solid muscle. My cats energy levels have increased once eating Taste of the Wild, their coats became softer and shinier and over all they appeared to be healthier and happier kitties.

      http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/

      So, that being said, my recommendation is Taste of the Wild - no question.

      As a breeder there are many foods I can get "bonuses" with but I still go with Taste of the Wild even though the cost is more and I don't get any bonuses - it's THAT good. lol.

      Good Luck!
      Cait