help - advice needed quickly

  • skyhawk_aopa
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
      I gave my kitty her heart dose. Then I had to give her her pepcid dose, which she wouldn't let me open her mouth again. I added it to Fancy Feast (backup plan) and she ate it, but then barfed it all up. I'm reasonably certain the heart med would have come up as well, since this was all ten minutes apart.

      Should I at least give her a half dose, again? I'm thinking I should as I understand going from full dose one day to zero the next is bad - but what if the meds didn't come up.
    • Sue
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
        I would give her at least a partial dose.

        Sue

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
          Ring the vet and ask for advice.. they don't mind questions, especially
          during surgery hours.
          :) Lyn

        • skyhawk_aopa
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
            Thank you everyone for your replies and emails. I did get in touch with the vet, finally, and since it was only ten minutes they said to give her another dose.