Re:A question about respiratory rate

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2009
      Hi

      Respiratory rate is msot important when taken at rest, and not dreaming. If
      my cats go above thirty, it's usually a sign that fluid is building up and
      that's when I treat them. SOme just get an extra frucimide if they are on
      lower diuretics, but the ones with heart failure, I`d contact the
      cardiologist and have them listened to at my vet.

      They have been known to get temperatures with infections and this pushed
      the rate up, but a quick vet visit reassured me. Is you cat on any diuretics
      at all and what dose?