Re: [FH] Re: Atenolol question

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      I might be wrong, but I think that if you make sure they get plenty of water, that will help clear the drug through the kidney fast and easily enough. Do whatever you can to help them drink a little more. I always put a lot of water into their canned food, and after they suck it dry, I add a little more water, etc, until they polished it all off. Some people get those fountains to encourage drinking. If you are still feeding dry food, know that dry food actually sucks water out of their body to make the food soft enough to pass through -- with dry food they end up with a negative water balance. All kitties should be on canned food.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2009
        My Ivy has been on atenolol since she was 3 months old, and she just turned 4, with no negative impact on her kidney values.

        Donna