Re: [FH] Administering Medication

  • Carolyn Cohen
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31 4:14 PM
      I also syringe some of the meds that I compound myself. I do it a little different and this way it can be partially done in advance. For example one of the pills I compound is cyproheptadine and I give 1/4 of a pill at a time. I can quarter the pill in advance and crush each quarter and keep them in compartments of one of those containers for putting out your pills for the week in advance. Then when she is due to have the med I measure about .4 ml and drop it in the container with the powder, mix it around a bit and syringe it back up into the syringe. Either of these ways will work and putting the pill in the syringe uses less dishes but sometimes, for me anyway, time is of the essence. Just another option.

      I have found the same thing with methods like the pill pockets. They seem to only work until the kitty catches on.