Re: [FH] Throwing up heart meds + CRF heart patients

  • dshale1
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 29, 2009
      One of our vets told us that cats are generally borderline dehydrated anyway because they originated as a desert animal that got most of its moisture from the prey consumed. She said often cats on diuretics don't drink more water to compensate. It's true that cats that eat mainly canned food do not need to drink as much water. She suggested adding even more water to the canned food, which works well for us. We have to do that with our cat who has a kidney stone anyway.
      -Susan