Re: Taffy's Ultrasound

  • lkshaw@msn.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      Cynthia,

      I just remembered one other thing. A few years ago, one of the vet
      tech at my vet's was new, and thought the all cats had to be fasted
      for all ultrasounds. I asked to speak to the vet, who appologized
      explained she was new, and told me that no, no fasting was required.

      --Kirsten
    • Anyes Moscrip
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        Cynthia Rausch wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > Taffy will be going in at 2:00 pm, for his ultrasound, now they have
        > just phone me and told me that I cannot feed him after 7:00 tonight.
        >
        > That means he will not receive anything 19 hours, is this a normal
        > practice? When we were booked at the other Clinic, I asked whether
        > this needed to be done and they he could have his fluids and eat.

        I don't know that this is necessary. When we did the ultrasound, we had no
        such instructions. Are they doing other tests that warrant this?

        Anyes and the girls