RE: [feline-heart] Taffy's Ultrasound

  • Jonathan Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hmmm ... this is for his heart, right? Sounds like they're going
      to sedate/anesthesize him for the ultrasound. Is Taffy a terror
      at the vets? If not, I would not let them sedate or anesthesize
      him for an ultrasound. It is simply not necessary (& not worth
      the risk).

    • lkshaw@msn.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        Cynthia,

        I just remembered one other thing. A few years ago, one of the vet
        tech at my vet's was new, and thought the all cats had to be fasted
        for all ultrasounds. I asked to speak to the vet, who appologized
        explained she was new, and told me that no, no fasting was required.

        --Kirsten
      • Anyes Moscrip
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Cynthia Rausch wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > Taffy will be going in at 2:00 pm, for his ultrasound, now they have
          > just phone me and told me that I cannot feed him after 7:00 tonight.
          >
          > That means he will not receive anything 19 hours, is this a normal
          > practice? When we were booked at the other Clinic, I asked whether
          > this needed to be done and they he could have his fluids and eat.

          I don't know that this is necessary. When we did the ultrasound, we had no
          such instructions. Are they doing other tests that warrant this?

          Anyes and the girls